2014 is almost at an end and as I look back, it’s been a year with lots of (good) changes.
I have so much to be thankful and grateful for this year.
1) Bandit has entered our lives. Now that she is here, we cannot imagine our lives without her. We wonder what on earth were we thinking to wait so long to have a dog. Every day we cherish her. Basically our lives are now categorized into BB (Before Bandit) and AB (After Bandit). We wholeheartedly agree that life AB is so much better.
2) We are engaged to be married next year. Actually, I think my mother is more thankful about this than we are. She pretty much gave up hope on me after my 33rd birthday. Regardless of who’s happier (my mother or us), we are very much looking forward to our next stage of our lives together.
3) We bought a house! We closed yesterday, so it’s official. We bought a tiny little house in Brooklyn. It’s in pretty rough shape and we need to do some renovations and repairs before we can move in, but it’s ours! Ben wasted no time. He’s working on the house right now, doing demolition and clearing out the overrun and over grown backyard. We already made some very pleasant discoveries (like exposed brick walls in the living room behind the plaster and a fruit-bearing fig tree in the backyard).
4) Ben’s still employed! (This is a joke between me and Ben. He was unemployed when I met him. Another joke in our family of how desperate my mother must have been to marry me off was that she let me date an unemployed high school drop out.*)
5) I’ve been promoted at work (unofficial notice was back in May/June, official notice was in August).
Big changes in 2014. Even more big changes coming in 2015. I can’t wait.
*Ben dropped out of high school to go to college. He graduated from college when he was 19. He’s no dummy.