I don’t always make New Year’s resolutions nor do I fuss about keeping them or not. I view New Year’s resolutions much the same way I view any long-term plan – they’re guidelines and goals for planning my future. I have a Type A personality, so I like having goals.
These are my fitness-related goals for 2013.
- Run a sub-1:50 half marathon in the spring.
- Run a sub-1:45 half marathon in the fall.
- Run a sub-24 min 5K sometime this year.
- Run a mile in 7 mins or less.
- Hold bridge pose in yoga for 5 breath cycles.
- Do the splits on one side
- Do one push-up
- Do one pull-up
- Get the Athena badge on Fitocracy (deadlift 135 lb for 3 reps, barbell squat 115 lbs for 3 reps, and bench press 85 lbs for 3 reps). I just need to work on my bench press.
- Get down to 20% body fat (approximately 128 lbs). .
I’m with you on the bridge pose –that is a big challenge for me for a 3 round cycle–but I love having a yoga project! 🙂
I worked on getting my bridge pose last year. I can stay in it for a couple (quick) breaths. We’ll get this accomplished this year!
Definately! You’ve given me a good reminder. Just got to practice–guess that’s why they call it yoga practice huh? 🙂 Stay warm!
You’ve definitely got a sub-7 mile in you! My half marathon PR is 2:00:30, but my mile PR is 6:46. If I can do it, you can do it! Before I logged that mile time, I did weekly track speed workouts. It really paid off!
Thanks. This will be the year for speed.